Friday, August 15, 2008

Lucky Me Maternity

I am super lucky because I took Wendy's class and now those of us who are local get together on the 3rd Friday of every month to shoot. Since it's so flippin hot no one really wants to do it, unless it's inside. So I asked if they would come do a shoot of me--in my house. Super sweet for me because I get really cool shots, and fun for them because they get to practice a maternity shoot. I'm not big on the soft light/tender maternity shots. I'm not a soft person, so I told them to do not your typical maternity shots. I'm also not a huge fan of the bare belly shots, we took some but I don't think other people want to see it--especially that sweet mole I have. So here are the shots done by two of the students who took the class. Wendy is going to send me hers later--she's a busy woman. They were nice enough to just let me download their images and go through them, so these are my versions. When or if they post some on their blogs--I'll link to them.

P.S. You'll notice I have makeup on, which I never do. It's because Darcy (my friend and hair stylist) came to drop off her girls and couldn't stand that I was just going to be my simple mascara and lip balm self. So she offered to put on my makeup and I said--I don't have any, and she said "you don't have ANY?" and I said no. So she went home and got hers and came back. I think I look fab--if I do say so myself. She also did my hair and trimmed my bangs because she said they had gotten to the point where they weren't cute or hip, they were just bangs. She has told me on many occasion that I look like crap, and it doesn't offend me, it's straight from her heart. Friends like that are gold.

First--a shot of Wendy. Take her class--especially if you're local then you can come shoot with us.

The shots by Wendy are edited by her, Janelle's and Jen's are edited by me.


Wendy


Shots by Wendy

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Shots by Janelle



Jan1



Jan3



Jan3



Jan4




Shots by Jen


Jen4



Jen3


Jen shot this one with my new 5D--lovin that distortion
Jen2


Jen1

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! I look so funny! :)

I've got some really good ones. I love the one I actually TOOK while in that position and I think you're going to like it too. Totally says "Jill" to me. :)

I'm off on my way to edit them now. Be on the lookout, fo shizzle.

Janelle said...

Wow your fast! I actually tried to download the pictures on my computer and it doesn't want to read the Nikon d300 files. It seems to be partial to my d80 :) I have a way around it, I hope, so check back for my version.

You look great by the way. Can't wait to see what Wendy has!

onehm said...

THEY LOOK AMAZING!!!
;) You are so very cute!
And I love the ones with your girls and with HY...

I'm going to start saving for that class! YAY me!

trippin said...

I don't don't know if you remember me. I took Scott Lizama's class with you. I love looking at your blogs. The pictures turned out great. I might have to take Wendys class.
Jeannine

Lovin Family said...

You are so dang cute!!!! Love you tons. xoxox

Micah and Jen said...

OH OH OH!!! I am soooo happy! I have been waiting and waiting for you to get some maternity pics done and these are gorgeous! Love them! These girls did a great job and you look so HOT with make-up on....I don't know that I've ever seen you with it on either....sadly, I am in the same vote as you, I just need a friend to tell me that I look like crap so maybe I'll go do something about it! :) Seriously though....so excited to see that adorable belly!!!!

Jami Broadbent said...

how sticking fun

Jami Broadbent said...

by sticking i mean stinking

Anonymous said...

You look so amazing! I am so jealous of what a cute pregnant lady you are. Hope you can survive the rest of your time.

Anonymous said...

HOT MOMMA!

Jen and Bryan said...

Oh yeah baby!!! Lookin' hot! I still want you to email me some of the ones I took on your cam. I esp love the one you posted with the distortion. It's a fun one.
Jen W.

Mimi said...

I am loving these! Great shots, so fun!

liz said...

these are so awesome- I love that haircut on you- very sassy. and you wear pregnancy well- totally cute! what a treasure to have these photos!