Thursday, November 12, 2009

It is what you make it

I have had photographer friends ask "How do you get people to be so casual and comfortable?". My answer is, I don't always. And it depends on who it is. I have a few families that I have shot before that are just good at what I do. They know what they want. So when they get in front of the camera, they just do what they want captured. The family on the previous post is one. A family that will be posted soon is one. And THIS family is one. I didn't tell the mom to twirl her daughter--she just did. It is so fun to shoot like this, it takes all of the work out. The whole family (including dad--gasp) is on board. And it also helps that the mom's smile is toothpaste commercial worthy. Really.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Hey Jill, come by and check out our blog. Your pictures made it ROCK!!!

kayleen said...

love that last shot.